Friday 24 December 2010

Android 2.2 update breaks 3G on O2

So my HTC Magic got the Froyo update last week. The problem was that it broke "the internet".

I thought it was due to the fact that my phone was an Australian Vodaphone branded HTC Magic and the update was through a UK network intended for UK/European versions of the phone. I was going to get a new phone anyway (The Nexus S) so I didn't mind, and put it aside for a later date.

Well it turns out that the mobile internet was also broken on the Nexus S (see my previous blog). In any case, once I fixed the configuration issue on the Nexus, I tried the settings on the HTC and it worked! So here are the settings I used:

APN: payandgo.co.uk
username: payandgo
password: password
MCC: 234
MNC: 10
APN type: internet

Leave everything else blank! Even the proxy!

Hopefully this works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment